Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Cocoon is calling….

September ended with mums and time with Mommy…

IMG_2918

IMG_2924

IMG_2925

IMG_2923

IMG_2927

(nature’s crochet – sand on rock after rain)

and all the beauty that that entails.

IMG_2914

Now that October has come, and the light is changing,

IMG_2919

(little art altars everywhere – dyed cashmere, silk, wool and other bits)

I can feel the cocoon beginning to call…

The need to go inside…

to create…

to explore inner landscapes…

and go where the Artist in me wants to go…

IMG_2920

(Intuitive doodles on rusted paper, Faber-Castell artist pens)

IMG_2921

IMG_2904

IMG_2922

IMG_2928

There is an inner glow that has begun…

and I am happy

to go with it…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While the call to go inward is hitting me, I still have some away from home adventures that I am excited about. Yay for October !

I am packing and getting ready for Art is You in Stamford, CT. I am heading there this weekend for some fun time with girlfriends and to take some great classes to jumpstart my creative time.

I will be taking a class with Pam Carriker called “Get the Lead Out”, and a two day class of intuitive painting with Tracy Verdugo called “Sacred Marks”.

I get home on my birthday (the 9th) and then will be heading up to Canada for the following weekend to visit the family and celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving a week late with my favorite peeps !

Like the caterpillar, I am fattening myself up with good social time and lots of soul food, so that the season of the cocoon will be a cozy one !

Happy October, Beautiful Ones !

Big light and love to you in this dimming time.

14 comments:

Barbara said...

Happy October!
Nice post.
Your Mom is a beauty.

eb said...

rain
the rust garden flourishes
circles and swirls
this doodle bug
is craving
a dance around...

have fun with your adventures,
xox - eb.

jgr said...

I love the rust paper doodles!! And thank you for the various class info. Have a wonderful time!

Sherry said...

I think this autumn and this winter in your cocoon are going to be very productive, creative and juicy indeed! Enjoy the art time the creating time, have a blast on your birthday and turkey -- a week late!!!

xoxox

Kate Robertson said...

I'd love the class with Tracy Verdugo, have fun. I am off on my own adventure in Sedona which is an wonderful place. I am amazed at how many art adventures you get to go on. You are one lucky girl.

Your rust doodles are such fun.

See you when you are back among us.

Kate

Nadeja said...

Having been around your studio and art, I am more in love than ever before with all that you do. Thank you and that precious man of yours for a most precious, loving weekend. Beautiful art, beautiful you. I love you, mom

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Wow, wow, wow, Kimmypoo. I am just cyber-catching up tonight. Sounds like October is a rockin' (sorry about the unintended pun) for you. Lovin' what I'm seeing with your drawing and that you will take a course with Pam C. - such inspiration from that artist! Good on you making every moment count. Let's throw some dirt in the face of the darkening days and go for our own gold! Love ya ta bits!

Fallingladies said...

Those rust doodles are just soooooo cool! And as always jealous of your travel and art classes, have fun creating!!!

Sueann said...

Oh I love those doodles!! Wonderful!!
Yes it is coming up on cocoon time. Sigh! I will miss summer...but fall is so beautiful!
Enjoy your art retreat and tell Pam I said hello!!
Hugs
SueAnn

rachel awes said...

i am SMITTEN
w/your intuitive
doodles. what pours
out of your deepest
place is stunning.
xoxox

beth said...

you and your mom are so beautiful !!

and i love that your creative soul is being filled up yet again with your upcoming classes.....you are so lucky to be able to do what you do !!

big squishy hugs to you my sweet....xo

Marit said...

Oh my goodness Kim, your 'rusty doodling page' is awesome! It has the ultimate 'October feel' to it - I adore it!! HAve fun on the art retreat day - say hi to Seth from me if you meet him.

Unknown said...

Love love love!

Unknown said...

you have many wonderful adventures ahead of you...

enJOY each and every one!!

sending you birthday greetings and cozy autumn wishes.
x..x