Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Slapping some paint down !

FINALLY !

A little art !

Today, my to-do list includes a post office run, the grocery store, the Pet food store,

plus I think it would be a good idea if I took the time to make myself presentable to head out on all those errands, ie :  shower and blow dry my hair.

But I decided it was all going to wait !

Wait until I had taken some time to get some art out of me and onto a page.

DSC05973

I wasn’t even sure what would come, I was feeling so rusty !

But no expectations other than filling the page resulted in this.

The red flowers remind me of these red and white placemats we used to have when we were kids.

Vinyl ones with a design by the artist Eva Zeisel.

I remember her simple “Eva” signature on them.

She passed way at the age of 105 in December.

Maybe her design spirit was visiting me a little as I played ?

DSC05974

Whatever spirits were there to play with me, it sure felt good to take this hour for myself, for some therapy, if you will.

This week has be a little wonky, hormonally, emotionally and physically.

I suppose that makes sense for January, if I think about it.

But I need to get back into the practice of art making to help maintain some better balance when these wonky times hit !

Well, the arty part of me feels a little more satisfied.

Off to fulfill my other duties !

Happy Wednesday, Beautiful Ones !

***************

PS : It was nice to have Miss Pumpkin in the studio with me while I was playing.

She is still adjusting slowly to the other cats…okay, she hates them!!!

But she lets the big white pooch hang out beside her, no problem !

DSC05975

She knows the sweetest heart in the house, I guess.

Meow, meow, meow, woof woof, from here !

10 comments:

Sherry said...

Pumpkim and Chica are friends!! I love it!!

And I love your page...those bright red flowers just POP, exactly what I need to bring some sunshine into the day (it was out earlier, now gone ...).

Sorry you've been wonky this week..hormones (or in my case, lack of) really make a difference in our lives (gee Sherry, that's brilliant...you must know science real good...doh!!!).

Kathy said...

Ok, I am in total love with your dog.
Nothing like them, Labs...gentle, sweet souls.
Your page is lovely as well... Enjoy your day, and thanks for the reminder, I need to get dog food too...Guess I will be going back out...

patti said...

Beautiful art - so glad you chose to create this page!

Aww, love those creatures sharing a space together - very sweet!

Kate Robertson said...

Oh doesn't feel awesome to be getting back to art. I did some early this morning and it felt wonderful to be creating with no purpose in mind.

Olivia said...

Oh so beautiful, My Queen, lovely, lovely. Bright flowers for today. I am glad you are up and about and able to make art. Whoo hoo! xoO

jgr said...

Gorgeous art as always! Flowers are perfect for this gloomy day. Great pics of the fur-babies, too!

Lynn Cohen said...

The red flowers remind me of another fabric designer my mom had things by, pillow cases and table clothes Was it Liz something of Viva? Won't come to me now. Fresh looking, bright, snappy, modern...from the 1970's maybe?

Nadeja said...

Sending you loving blessings and gentle hugs! I love you, Mom

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

There's nothing like a little paint therapy when January hits. It's hit here too - glad it came late this year!

Anonymous said...

Luscious luscious playing with that paint! xox Corrine