Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Morning Music and Musings…

Alexi Murdoch - 2006

DSC00721

DSC00724

DSC00723

mysalvation

This morning on Facebook, Patti Digh’s status read “Today I am practicing giving up my need to be right. What are you practicing today?”.

My response :

“I am practicing doing have-to's with a want-to attitude.”

That was what came to me in the moment but you know what ?

I lied ! Winking smile

I am actually practicing ignoring the have-to’s and doing the want to’s instead !!!

Hence two blissful hours of art journal painting instead of running Monday morning errands or even getting dressed.

I created the page above inspired my the Alexi Murdoch song that I love.

(Okay, mostly bliss – I got lost in not liking my piece for about half that time, but it turned around eventually!)

And know what else ?

I think I am really good at leaving the have-to’s aside…

Maybe even a little too good sometimes…

Maybe I need to practice something else ?

Hmmmm…

Okay, okay…

The have-to’s await…

Happy Monday, Marvelous Ones !

 

6 comments:

beth said...

i love mondays where i'm still in my jammies doing what i love best and the clock says 12:30... or 2:00.

NANCY LEFKO said...

Sounds like a great plan for the day....thanks for visiting my blog.

I'm a fellow NHer-ite... in Peterborough :)

Dawn said...

absolutely gorgeous. i LOVE the colors and the angel drawing

Lynn Cohen said...

;-) relating!!!!

Bethany said...

oh my gosh, i love your little houses, your details always astound me. and it's so fun for me to be able to hear this song here as someone told me months ago they thought I'd like this musician and I have his name on a little sticky note and never got around to looking for a song. THANK YOU!
Yeah, he's great.

Bethany said...

PS
I think it's wonderful that you create art instead of working on your to do list. You should be really proud of this Kim. I never do anything productive for fun really.
I need to work on that.