Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Art Play

Here are some of the post cards I am having a blast making for the swap that IHanna is holding. We got our addresses yesterday. I will have cards going to the Netherlands, Poland and Singapore as well as to various places in Canada and the US.! How cool is that !

These cards will have to be covered with some packing tape, I think. I am worried about threads getting caught in the mail machines...

I love how these have turned out.

To make these five I glued my sewn painted papers and collage elements onto cardstock postcards.

For the other five I have to do, I want to use the Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas that I picked up at Absolutely Everything the last time I was there.

I still have a few days to finish up the rest of them.

This is the latest page in my journal. It is called "Send in the Clowns".

I had actually done a sketch of this in my book last fall but never got around to doing anything with it. I only have about 4 or 5 pages left in my present journal until it is complete.

I wasn't sure if I was just going to glue or paint over the drawing of these three but I ended up just going for it. I like how the page turned out.

The hatted folks were supposed to be clowns but now kind of remind me of the gnome in my favorite commerical on tv :

I think of it as Suzanne, Me and Nathalie,who all have Cabin Fever and are anxious for our trip to Mexico in March...

"Da-da-da-deedee- dee-dee....

I need to get out of here ! "

David and I are kind of having a Superbowl Party for two without the football.

Neither one of us are football fans but

we just got a new 42 inch flat screen tv.

We picked up a brick oven pizza from Bertucci's,

I have a good bottle of wine chilling

and we are going to watch a movie and just check into the game every now and then for the commercials. ;)

Maybe I will see my friend the gnome, and sing along.

Hope you have a cozy Sunday night planned !

Big love to you, Beautiful Ones !

24 comments:

Sophie said...

Kim, your postcards are gorgeous! I still have 2 to finish for the swap.

Cheers,
Sophie

Bethany said...

I love what you did with your clown/gnomes. I am in complete awe of your postcards. I bow to them, to you. I am in deep love. They are all divine. Wow.

Snap said...

Postcards are great! You are having fun!

Anonymous said...

Tes cartes sont superbes. I would like to buy some. Can you make blank note card for me??? And of course you have to includ the gnomes because guest what...we are going to Mexico in 22 days.

"Da-da-da-deedee- dee-dee....
I need to get out of here ! "

Suzanne

Lynn Cohen said...

I love your art...glad I found your blog. Tape idea is good and even if it wrinkles a bit it will look artzy. Like you meant for it to happen. I'd probably make it happen. ;-)
Enjoy your evening...sounds romantic.

Gill said...

I love the heart cards, so pretty!!!

beth said...

those postcards are amazing !

and so far...the game, the half time show and even the commercials....well, you aren't missing a thing !

Sueann said...

Love the postcards!! And your journal page is awesome. Love the "clowns"!
We are doing Super Bowl too. We have a nice fire roaring and the wine is chilled!! Woohoo!!
Go Colts!
Hugs
SueAnn

Dawn said...

wow, i LOVE those postcards!!! They are fabulous :) As well as your journal page.

Anonymous said...

Your postcards and journal pages are amazing!! Looks like your "live in the moment" promise was very well spent.

Karin Bartimole said...

there are some lucky post card recipients out there!! and a trip to Mexico in the making? Fantastic!! Break out those party hats, girls - good times are here :)
xox Karin

Anonymous said...

definitely hearts on the brain here... me too.

Cindy said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards, your evening sounds wonderful! Take care.

Wendy said...

What fun post cards. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Wendy OWOH #996

Anonymous said...

Love the post cards, I was finishing mine up too. Glad football is over,
but not glad we are getting more snow.

Looks like you had a blast with the swap, I did too...

jgr said...

Hi Kim,
WOW! I love your postcards!! Each one more rich and beautiful than the last. I know your swap friends will be happy to see them. Your super bowl 'party' sounds fun too.

gretchen said...

love them, love them, love them!
love you!
~gretchen

deb did it said...

love, LOVE your postcards! we don't own a TV by choice, so we opt for wine and pizza with you and David, too!

smallbluebird said...

Love these. The clowns are just so wonderful! I'd love to buy some of them...any chance you'll offer them for sale?

martha brown said...

These are great Kim! We watched the newest Harry Potter movie at our "Not the Superbowl Party for 2"

Anonymous said...

What Fun! The cards are fabulous. The idea of exchanging them is a really great way to "spread the love"! Happy pre Valentine's day week:)
Hugs, Mom

Jennifer said...

Your postcards are so amazing...the stitched elements are perfection. You keep amazing me...you are a soul expressing genius. I've decided and it is so :)

You Super Bowl(ish) party sounded fantastic!

Kate Robertson said...

Kim,

Once again Bloglines has hid your post from me. I was wondering why you hadn't posted. and here you had and the post is lovely. Your postcards are so incredible. Wish I were getting one. I am done with mine and am also sending one to the Netherlands. They'll get double queened.

The clowns are really cute..

Jennie Hinchcliff said...

Hello hello! from San Francisco...

I enjoyed reading through your blog; found out about it through iHanna's postcard swap. Your postcards look -so!- beautful! I'll be sending you something via the swap; be on the lookout... :-)
--JH