Monday, December 14, 2009

Grey Blue Monday Morning...

When David left this morning, there was a thick layer of frost and ice on most of the surfaces outside as we got a nice pile of rain on top of an inch or so of snow late yesterday.

As he was leaving, he called "You should come out with your camera. The frost is forming some beautiful designs on the car windows."

Cute, ain't he ? I taught him well to look for art everywhere !

By the time I finished my little tidying up, got some sweats on and grabbed the camera, the 35 degree warmth and the sun poking out of the white clouds had taken the designs away.

I headed back to the studio and decided to do a little self-portrait shoot - I haven't done that in a while and to capture a little bit of this grey-blue morning....





Had to take a couple more shots around the house...

With a little adjusting, they fit the color scheme perfectly...



and a pair of these little sweeties were picking up the droppings from my bird feeder that has kind of become a squirrel feeder but whatever...


The sun has burned through the clouds already and the ice all over the driveway is melting. The widget says 36 degrees already and I think a high of 39 is on the charts. I can handle that !

Today, I am off to finish up some shopping - only 4 gifts or so left buy.

The tree is up but not decorated. The Cosmo kitty is super curious about it and is batting the bottom branches around but I was glad to note that the tree was still standing this morning when we got up after he had had an entire night alone with it !

Meditation this evening and then tree decorating, I think.

The smell in the house is heavenly - one of my favorite things about the holiday that scent of real tree.

I hope you have a creative Monday with whatever is on your agenda !

Oh, and if you have an extra 4 minutes or so, take the time to listen to this inspired poem that the incredible chicks, Andrea and Jen, at kind over matter posted this morning. If I had a daughter I would encourage her to listen to it over add over again. Since I don't I will listen to it instead and hope that the girl child inside of me hears the message loud and clear.

Happy Monday, Beautiful Ones !















11 comments:

Leslie said...

Good morning sweet Kim! Happy Monday to you! Thanks for the glimpse of your world this morning! And for the link.

Sherry said...

There's just really nothing to say about this clip except "brava" and I mean that MOST sincerely.

And you, the grey/blue lady...I'm glad the sun came out and I'm glad that you can see the bright side, that you are collecting gifts chosen from your big 'ole heart.

Decorate that tree as if you were decorating your soul!

Olivia said...

Love it all, Kim---the self-portrait photos--everything, perfect for a cold winter's morning to start the week out UP. Blessings, O

jgr said...

Hi Kim,
Thank you for the poem! I needed that today. I like your Self portraits too and I'm glad you have SUN! We have thick, yummy FOG! I love it.

beth said...

isn't it amazing how 36 can feel balmy after it's been so cold out....

and your hubby....he's a good student of yours :)

enjoy the grey...often it's better than the white when you're trying to get your shopping done....at least here that is the case....

xoxoxo

Rita Vindedzis said...

A beautiful collection of your photos Kim. You've really captured the blue grey of your morning. Two of my favorite colors these days.

Have a wonderful day!

Paula said...

Oh, wow, Kim! What an absolutely powerful post and that poem!!!! I wish, wish, wish, I had a copy of it in print. Have a wonderful rest of the week, my friend!

Sueann said...

Love your photos and that poem is awesome!! Thank you
Hugs
SueAnn

Debbie said...

Lovely self-portraits and the other blue-grey photos are great.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Great, great poem. I hope your day is a little less grey and bleu today. It's snow and more snow here - the gentle kind that manages to accumulate because it just doesn't stop. If you got your tree decorated, post a picture, I'd love to see it and yes, you have trained David very well! He is an artist in progress, like all of us.

MB Shaw said...

I had to chuckle about your tree comment. We had ours up for a week before decorating. Our new baby kitty (who is h-u-g-e, trust me he's no baby) was fine with the tree. Then I decorated on Sunday afternoon. Ahem. Now he thinks he owns the tree. He bats the smallish ornaments right off the bottom. He stretches inside the tree a la scratching post. I've been trying to document this w/a photo, but he is sneaky. We try to not let him see us laughing.