Monday, April 27, 2009

For Today


So I found this lovely, once a week list on Snap's blog Tales from Twist Lane. She found it here at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


FOR TODAY (MONDAY, APRIL 27, 2009)...


Outside my window...spring buds on the maple trees bursting open.


I am thinking...that I need some new clothes to wear for spring.


I am thankful for...the sweet time I had with my man this past weekend


From the kitchen...green yet slightly crisp asparagus, steamed and served with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette


I am wearing...yoga pants, a teal colored t-shirt and my "party on my feet" flipflops


I am creating...pages about being a "nice" girl in my art journal


I am going...to meditation class from 6:00-7:00 pm - Heaven !


I am reading... blogs written by my most magnificent and inspiring friends in Blog land


I am hoping... that I can start eating better and lose a few pounds gently and lovingly


I am hearing...the tweets of birds and the gentle whirl of the fan in my studio


Around the house...kitties and dog are dozing


One of my favorite things...tulips that are just opening in my garden - especially the new "Parrot" variety !


A few plans for the rest of the week: working on some earring and things in the studio, lunch with a friend and getting outside as much as I can


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The incredibly beautiful stain glass piece that my David created for my aunt Lise (with a little help from some friends) !

To read more Daybook posts or learn how to participate, visit The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

11 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Oh! I love stained glass, and this piece is marvelous! I see the Queen of Arts has a Kind of Arts :)

Kathy McCreedy said...

Hey girlfriend! How lovely and sweet... I am going to check out the project post haste! As always, your prose is most heart felt and never ceases to inspire me with its honesty. Love ya, kiddo! xoxo
PS: Many thanks for the lovely comment you left just recently... you are much too kind!

Kathy McCreedy said...

Hey girlfriend! How lovely and sweet... I am going to check out the project post haste! As always, your prose is most heart felt and never ceases to inspire me with its honesty. Love ya, kiddo! xoxo
PS: Many thanks for the lovely comment you left just recently... you are much too kind!

Anonymous said...

this is lovely.. simple pleasures.. I am off to check it out.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Such wonderful sweet and perfect thoughts. I can tell you are a person that meditates and lives in the moment for what it is and that is always impressive to me - so impossible for me it seems. I try though!

Your weekend away sounds and looks wonderful. How lucky you are!

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

This is like freeze-framing a moment. And we get to know more about you little by little. Cewl!

Sandy..... said...

I guess I never realized your house was full of more talent than just your own. You have a creative and beautiful hubby! yay you!
You're a lucky girl!

Debbie said...

That asparagus sounds great and perfect for spring!

Sherry said...

The Simple Woman's Day Book...does it get any better than this? Taking the time to appreciate and savor the simplicity of life and how deep and meaningful that truly is.

Snap said...

Save some asparagus for me!

Simple Pleasures ... what life is all about!

Jennifer said...

Yum! What a beautiful scene and beautiful work by your hubby!